Wednesday, February 1, 2012

YOUR Birth-DAY! February 1st, 2012

You're here! This morning daddy and I awoke at 4:30am (even though I could hardly sleep a wink) and got dressed and headed to the hospital. We arrived at 6:15am and were taken into the prep room for our scheduled c-section. I was very nervous but oddly calm. I was ready to just go through whatever was needed to have you safely arrive and finally in my arms. The first thing they had me do was change into their hospital gown and then hook me up to the monitors to check your heart rate and movements. They then explained to me what to expect as we moved into the operating room, which we did promptly at 8am. I received an epidural in my spine and then was laid down for the procedure on the operating table. You were born at exactly 8:31am...what a precious moment! I couldn't speak I was so overcome w/ emotion! You were crying as soon as they pulled you out and it was sweet music to my ears. Daddy was so excited that he stood and took a picture, which he was not allowed to do! He didn't know though and they were nice about it, so we therefore have one picture of you coming out of my belly - priceless!
You weighed 8lbs and 1 oz and were 20 inches long. Perfectly healthy, even three weeks early. We are so incredibly blessed.
February 1st, 2012 will forever be a day of celebration for us :)

We love you Liv Harper Elisabeth Gonzales....always and forever! Welcome to the world sweet baby girl!!

xo mommy & daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment