Thursday, December 12, 2013

Little Moments that melt my heart....sweet little Liv!

Hi baby-cakes,

I'm sure you've gathered by now that you make my heart swell...you make me so proud.  I love being your Mommy.  It will always be my favorite "job". :)

So the last few days I've caught moments of you being super sweet and for a second I think maybe I'm on the right track w/ raising you...your sweet heart is so BIG!  I hope you always carry that sweetness in you and don't be afraid to show it; like you do now.

Today we had gymnastics.  You love children and are always quick to go up to another little and initiate a hug or a pat on the head.  Sometimes you say hi and other times you have a special language you start trying to communicate w/ your new "friend".  I see this every week at gymnastics.  You give all the kids hugs.  The owner has a 10 month old and you call her "baby" and you say "awwww" when you see her and attempt to give her hugs.  You love all babies - you are so drawn to them.  I love to see you be so tender and loving w/ other kids; I've never ever seen you be nasty or mean to anyone.  I know you're only 22 months old but I certainly hope that you keep that sweet gentle spirit.

Yesterday I quietly watched you play in your room and you had your stuffed animals around you and your musical tea pot in your hand.  You went around trying to give them each a drink out of the tea pot.  Then you picked up your elephant and gave him hugs and starting talking to him.  Next you picked up your bunnies and did the same thing - you were intently looking them each in the face and touching their eyes and really just taking them in like they were so special to you.  I tip-toed away before you could see me so you would continue to play undisturbed but what a special moment I get to keep forever in my heart and soul.  The wonder of child hood is amazing to watch and I hope you cherish your child hood all of your life.

Today; I was finishing up laundry as you were eating your lunch and walked back in the room where you were just in time to hear you say - Oh Minnie want a hug?  Then you hugged your Minnie sippy cup to you and patted the back of it.  So utterly adorable.  I'm lucky to have caught such a sweet sweet moment ... even if it was just towards a cup :)

There are many moments just like these that I get to take in all the time and I wish I could capture them all for you.  You are a my little sweet heart!

Love you,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment