Monday, July 18, 2011

February 22, 2012

We had our first ultra sound this morning. So for the first time we saw you...our little miracle in the making. Wow...my heart could hardly take it all in...tears of happiness were just flowing down my face. Your sweet daddy was just as awe struck and just was captivated by your little wiggling body. You look like a little gummy bear right now...and even though so very little...I think you're just about the cutest thing I ever saw.

Now it's so very real to us. I'm excited for each week and each little mile stone of growing you. I can't believe I get to experience this...so grateful!

We saw a lot of family over the 4th of July weekend and that is when we shared all about you. We got grandpappy a tshirt that read, "I'm going to be a grandpappy again". You'll be his 5th grandbaby! When he opened his gift and read the shirt everyone just exploded in claps and cheers...they're all so excited to learn about you. It was heart warming to share the news...but we're keeping it just in the family now. Another month and we'll be able to let more friends and family know all about you :)

So your expected birthday is February 22, 2012. Seems so far away but I hope to enjoy every second of this journey w/ you, and hopefully you'll be here before we even know it. An interesting fact, is that your daddy had a due date of Feb 22 but he was born early...on Valentine's day! Whatever day you arrive will be the best day!

So far in the pregnancy, I have felt only some slight nausea but more than that I am just extremely tired! I'm so used to having a lot of energy, which is necessary b/c I tend to keep a busy calendar. But I have just not felt like doing much and have been ready to call it a day as early as 7pm - so not typically me. Your daddy, as always, so caring towards me gets me crackers and ginger ale first thing in the morning before I even try to get out of bed. This helps the nausea to subside so that I can get ready for work in the morning. Once I can get that conquered I'm usually fine - except for the tiredness. Nothing I can do for that but rest as much as I can. I haven't really felt like eating much either, nothing sounds appetizing! Which is really weird b/c I always thought when pregnant you wanted to eat all the time and had weird cravings. So far that is not the case - far from it! I always needed to start my morning w/ a cup of coffee but now I can't stand the sight nor the smell of it. Which might explain the tiredness too ( light bulb!) doing w/o caffeine is definitely a big change for me. I'm not complaining though....all of this is so worth it. I'm relishing in all the changes and experience of this miracle. God is so good...I'm grateful every second!

You're in my heart and my soul...can't wait to see your beautiful face.

xo mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment