Sunday, June 12, 2011

Spring 2011

Your dad and I just had the most amazing vacation - a dream of mine for a long time now has been to travel abroad. Of course, w/ the possibility of having you soon, it would not be feasible to try to plan a trip like this w/ a baby here or on the way. So we had planned this trip back in November of last year to make it happen. We went to London England and it was during the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton - such an exciting celebration to spectate and be caught up in - I have so many stories of this wonderful time to share w/ you one day. Your aunt Ashley & uncle Scott went w/ us and it was 10 days of plenty of adventure. After a few days in London, England we then, well, your daddy & uncle Scott went and rented (and drove) a car so we could travel to a beautiful English coastal town - St. Ives in Corwall, England. (The driving part was super scary but quite hilarious at the same time...definitely lots of pics and stories to share about that too :0)) Cornwall is a place I always read about growing up in different novels and I always, always, always, wanted to visit. Such a special time to get to share this adventure w/ your daddy...we had so much fun. Lastly, we spent our last few days in Paris, France. By far my favorite of the trip...the food, the sights, the romance...it was so memorable.

We had hoped that we would bring home a very special sovenier of our dream vacation...YOU! But it's not to be ...just yet little one. We are trusting in God's perfect timing and so hope for you, but we are keeping busy and daddy and I are just enjoying each other...we know alone time and expensive vacations will be a thing of the past once we have you in our lives. So we want to enjoy it and take it all in...but we can't wait to share our lives w/ You!

This past weekend we planned a little getaway to Wilmington, Wrightsville Beach. Everywhere I looked I noticed little babies...they caught my attention like never before. I never really felt an ache for you as much as I did then...I pray we have faith that God will bless us w/ having you. I can totally envision us ... a family of 3... at the beach w/ you.

Maybe next summer.

xo mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment